What is the permanent cure for increase in blood pressure?

im hypertensive since 1997, using revolol 50/5 am and losar H. Of late my blood pressure increased to 150/100 and doctor changed the tablets. advised triolmezest and starpress XL. But there is no change in the blood pressure levels. My hb1ac is 5.4 and creatine is 1.2.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 53 minutes later
Brief answer....given below Detailed answer... Blood pressure medicines take some time to have full effect and so you must wait for some more time. If you feel that your blood pressure is still not controlled,then you can consult your doctor again and ask for the revision of medicine.In that case the dose of individual medicines can be increased or some more medication can be added to your current regime. There is absolutely no reason for your blood pressure not to get controlled. Along with medicines,you must make efforts to reduce the salt intake,increase the fruits and green vegetables intake,doing regular brisk walk everyday for 45 minutes and moderating your alcohol. Try to do regular yoga and meditation to keep the stress away. Your BP shall stabilise soon. I hope to have answered your query,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Follow-up: What is the permanent cure for increase in blood pressure? 16 minutes later
1. Thanks for the prompt reply and hope BP will come down soon and there is no immediate danger of any attack. 2. My question is whether dosage is increased or reduced. I find there is no potassium supplement in new medicine. Will it have any effect on blood pressure. 3. I got electrolytes tests done and found potassium levels are below the normal. 4. Ofcourse, im feeling better with new medicines but BP is not reduced. Request appreciate if any cardiologist also respond to the above.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Hello, It looks that your potassium levels are marginally below the normal and hence can be made allright by taking more fruits like banana,citrus fruits etc and green vegetables like spinach,Brocolli etc. Proper potassium intake would also help in normalising your blood pressure levels. Thanks
Follow-up: What is the permanent cure for increase in blood pressure? 13 hours later
With potassium supplement, potassium levels are low. Now that supplement is stopped, im not able to understand what will be potassium levels. with low potassium levels, is there is any chance of developing into diabetic.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello, Before answering your question,please let me know the potassium supplements which were taken and what are the potassium levels now. Pleaeelet me know if you are having any complaints because of low potassium levels like cramps etc. Lowcpotassium levels doesn't result in diabetes. Thanks