What is the normal size of eggs in ovaries from 8 to 21 days after periods?

May 2013
I need to know that what is the normal size of eggs in right and left ovary on day 8,10,12,13,14,15,21 after my periods
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

The exact normal size of ovarian follicles on particular days cannot be said as that can differ from person to person.
Usually when the time of ovulation approaches the ovarian follicle will reach around 18 to 20 mm size.
This can occur on around 14th day in women with 28 days cycle and can occur on around 16th day in women with 30 days cycle.
And this can differ from month to month in same women.
So if the follicle growth is progressing from day to day, no need to worry.
And when the ovarian follicle reaches 18 to 20mm size, some doctors will prefer giving HCG injection.
That will help in release of ovum.
You have to plan intercourse between one to three days after giving the injection. That will increase the possibility of pregnancy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.