What is the normal procedure to remove kidney stone?

What are the normal procedure to remove stone in Kidney???

From past 2 days I'm having more ache in my right Stomach... and also it is quite burning while unrine....

I have consulted doctor he suspect that stone should be there in kidney... would u please advice....
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ESWL or endoscopic removal

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Surgery, working with an experienced Urologist. I answer on his behalf.

First, I suggest you to get a Ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis to identify the stones and their size.

Smaller stones can of size less than 4 mm would require no treatment. They do pass down in the urine without any medication or treatment.

If the stones are bigger then 5 mm then either ESWL (Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy) or endoscopic removal of the stones is planned.

ESWL is a simple procedure needing no medication or surgery.

Endoscopic removal involves passing a camera wire into the urethra and remove the stone through the same way.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: What is the normal procedure to remove kidney stone? 14 hours later
Thanks for your valuable response.. Certainly I will pursue your instruction.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 days later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Wish you good health.