What is the hard stone like ball under my tongue that is causing pain in my neck glands?

I have a tiny hard stone like ball under my tongue right near the lining under the tongue an I was gettin pain in my glands in the neck b4 it apeared an now I get light pain on an off. What could this be please??
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Suleman Muhammad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is infection or stone or cyst Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Welcome to Health Care Magic ! You are a young female with psoriasis history and now concern about the stone like swelling under your tongue and painful neck glands. It can be one of the following 1) It can be infection of sub-lingual salivary glands. which also presents with hard ball like swelling. Lymph node (you are calling them gland) in the neck drain this gland and causing pain in them. 2) Sialolith is stone in sublingual (under the tongue) salivary gland. which is usually painful during meal. it is because when you eat your digestive juice is secreted by these glands and cause pain. but sometime it can be painless. 3). It can also be a cyst. A cyst is a small sac filled with water that feels hard. Ask your ENT specialist an occlusal (view) x-ray. It might reveal a stone in the gland. If it is infection then simple antibiotics will cure it. If it is a stone or cyst it will not go away with medications Your ENT Specialist will HAVE TO get that surgically removed. Hope this helped. If you have further query please feel free to ask :)