What is the difference between ShelcalM and Shelcal for calcium supplements during pregnancy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
What is the difference between the tabs Shelcal - M and Shelcal - 500? For calcium supplements to be taken during pregnancy, which one is more advisable and why?
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Shelcal M is better Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Shelcal M contains Calcium + Vitamin D3 + Magnesium + Manganese + Zinc + Copper + Boron Shelcal 500 contains Shelcal-500 contains Calcium Carbonate + Vitamin D3 Shelcal M is better as it contains other macronutrients also which are essential for foetal growth. And you should take calcium rich food along with supplement. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: What is the difference between ShelcalM and Shelcal for calcium supplements during pregnancy? 2 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX Any suggestions on calcium rich food?

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Ragi [finger millet is richest source of calcium ] Detailed Answer: Hello again There are many sources of calcium but some rich food are mentioned here Cheese, paneer Milk Dark leafy greens like spinach, turnips, and raw collards Raisin XXXXXXX Corn Flakes, almond, fig Soybeans Fortified soymilk Enriched breads, grains-ragi [finger millet is richest source of calcium in veg food] Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: What is the difference between ShelcalM and Shelcal for calcium supplements during pregnancy? 14 hours later
Thanks again Dr. XXXXXXX I have another query around vitamin E. Someone suggested Evion capsule for vitamin E. However, that contains gelatin, made from animal extracts. Can you suggest a vegan tablet/capsule for vitamin E that does not contain any animal extract? Thanks in advance!

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello you can take tablet E-Guard Detailed Answer: Hello, Hello you can take tablet E-Guard [stallion lab] which is available in non gelatin form . Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. If you are satisfied with answer do not forget to rate answer at end of discussion. Wishing you good health. Take care.