What is the cure for small bowel movements and how to clear up gastrointestinal issues?

I had a sinsus infection and was started on augmentin 875 for 10 days, Had to switch out after 5 days due to stomach related issues. Md switched to zithromycin for 5 more days. Sinsus infection not completely eliminated. Had to go back to my PCP and get another antibiotic, Ceftin 500mg bid x 10days. My issue now is my bowel movements, they are small and difficult to get out to my rectum. Have tried several agents, ducolax supp, senna, Fleet enema, PEG etc. They are getting slightly better but still having issues, Also started on probiotics for colon. Any other advice on how to clear up the GI issues. Txs XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). 1.Take high fiber diet and add psyllium fibers and lots of liquid in your diet 2.Take triphala powder one teaspoon with warm water or for better result mix it with honey and take it at time of sleep at night and one teaspoon in early morning empty stomach 3.Avoid foods that contain maida. 4. Take meals at least 2 hours before going to bed. 5. Take lots of fruits and vegetables daily 6. Add condiments like jeera, haldi and ajwain in your diet as these all help in digestion 7. take laxative like syrup cremaffin plus which is a combination of sodium picosulphate, milk of magnesia, and liquid paraffin 8. Another drug is there lubipristone 25 microgram twice a day 9. Continue with probiotics for at least 2 weeks I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.