What is the cure for scars caused due to pimples on shoulder and back?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hello, i keep getting these annoying pimples my shoulders and back. they usually come one or two at a time. They are deep and large and they last about 3 weeks till they go away. They are leaving scars on my shoulders and back. I have gone through 2 rounds of antibiotics but it doesnt seem to help. These pimples are not normal for me started getting them when i was 23 and have had them consistently for the last two years. What can I do?
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Probably you are suffering from recurrent folliculitis. It is a bacterial infection. usually these bacteria are very resistant to common antibiotics. Capsule rifampicin 300 mg daily for 10 days with topical application of ointment mupirocine twice daily will help you. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the cure for scars caused due to pimples on shoulder and back? 8 minutes later
how does someone get folliculitis and i took Cephalexin for a long time i guess the bacteria was immune to that medication. I have probably had 100 of these spots in the last two years i really hope i can get rid of them. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Yes there is possibility that the bacteria is resistant to antibiotic taken by you. Please take Rifampicin. This may help you. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you