What is the cure for irritated gut and rashes?

Hello, I'm finding it very hard for someone to tell me what is wrong with my skin. I'm starting to suspect it is to do with my gut, and would like to know your opinion. Have you seen problems with a irritated gut with a similar rash? thank you i will answer any questions
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, I read carefully all your concerns and I saw your attached photos. Yes, it is true that Irritable bowel syndrome may be associated with skin problems such as yours. IBS can be related with some other systemic symptoms like fibromyalgia, acne,bloating, gas, anxiety. But the most important thing is if you have fructose/lactose intolerance,which is associated with IBS and skin problems like yours. I'd have some questions for you: - have you diagnosed with IBS (irritated gut as per your words)? - have you conducted any allergic testing (including of foods)? - what type of skin you have (oily,dry,mixed)? - what type of razing methods you use? In addition, you are only 23 years old. At your age, such skin problems can occur due to hormonal changes. If the type of your skin is oily, so, your skin will become more prone to infection than other types. At the end, I advise: - not to eat foods high in carbs and fats - try to cope with stress Looking forward to have the requested medical data of yours. Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What is the cure for irritated gut and rashes? 9 hours later
thank you for your reply, I haven't been diagnosed with IBS however the doctor did give me Fibogel for my bloating. I took a probiotic at the same time which did help the bloating. When i ran out of those supplements my stomach goes from flat to looking like i'm 6months pregnant. I did a celiac blood test which came back negative, but during a 1 week trial of a gluten free diet i felt dreadful and developed a intolerance to banana (which i've loved for years). I have dry skin. especially on my back. Razing as in shaving or? I use a combination of wet shaving with olive oil/coconut oil or just electric. I did develop a banana intolerance this year, could it be related? I can answer any more questions thank you
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi again, Thank you for sending in more of your medical data. If you have been diagnosed with IBS, I suggest to - continue using Fibogel, probiotics to relieve bloating - you can start taking simethicone too - eat slowly, small portions and often - avoid too sugary, fatty or high calorie foods - avoid carbonated/energetic drinks With regards to food intolerance, I suggest to do malapsorption test to determine the foods that you cannot tolerate. You should use always skin moisturizers (I prefer those containing olive extract and glycerin) to keep your skin moisten all the time. Shaving methods are important to exclude infection of the skin (beard or armpit region) due to bacteria. Once again, to be sure you really have banana intolerance, I suggest to run malapsorption tests. At last, do not get anxious. Enjoy life. Your problems have solutions. Beating stress is one of them. Feel free to ask me other questions you might have. If you are satisfied with my answer, please close this thread and kindly rate my answer. Take care! Dr.Klerida