What is the cure for chronic pain with spinal cord stimulator insertion?

I have chronic pain, which I have had for 4 years. I have had 2 surgeries, a spinal cord stimulator put in and nothing has worked in getting rid of the pain. My pain doctors dropped after 4 years and I don't think it was my fault. I had people who were supposed to be coming in and taking care of me.,..fixing meals which didn't get done. I hadn't slept in a week on top of that. Anyway, they don't wany to take any responsibility and my PCP says he will only write the script he wrote today for a month and then that's it. He's referring me to a pain clinic who I am to;ld by the case manager that it's going to take about 4-5 months to get in. I AM FREAKING OUT!!! My pain continues to get worse.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that I have gone through your prescription and find it quite adequate according to your condition . I know it is frustating for you and spinal conditions irritating the nerves is very painful . What I will advise you is to try tramadol in place of oxycontin and using topical analgesic gels like diclofenac gel or paracetamol gel over the pain area . It proves very beneficial for certain patients . Your doctor is right in saying that spinal fusion will result in reduction of pain . Everything depends on your treating doctor , the way he sees your pain and what medicines he will like to prescribe . Take care. Dr. Shruti