What is the cause of weight gain with dry mouth nausea?

when i put my symptoms in its says diabetes my g p has checked this and i am not diabetic my symptoms are weight gain tired dry mouth nausea also i have high liver enzymes i have been under hospital for a year now
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get Thyroid Profile. Liver Enzymes will settle Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. Weight gain , Dry Mouth are not classical symptoms of diabetes. If your blood sugars are normal , don't worry. If you are putting on weight without any reason like sedentary life style , faulty dietary habits , the just get your thyroid profile done. Menopausal Status also leads to weight gain sometimes , since you have now got hysterectomy done , your weight should get back to normal if it was due to menopausal changes. However , still most common cause of weight gain remains the faulty dietary habits and lack of exercise. Liver Enzymes can be raised as a result of Choleliathiasis. Since you have got your surgery done , they would settle with time. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: What is the cause of weight gain with dry mouth nausea? 2 hours later
in the last year i have had blood tests for everything they all come back clear my medical history gall bladder removed 30 years ago hysterectomy 20 years ago and my appendics out last week 7 years ago i was told to lose weight because of my high blood pressure i joined weight watchers and in one year lost 4 stone i still attend weight watchers to date then in nov 2012 i started gaining weight for no reason that i could think off weight watchers were puzzled told me to try more exersise done this gained more weight i go every week but feel so depressed when i havent lost any weight i paid you because i am at my wits end nobody seems to know now whats wrong but clearly i dont feel well and am not getting a diognosis
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get Thyroid Profile Detailed Answer: Welcome Again. This seems to be diet related weight gain. You should follow a diet my edification plan and do regular exercise. Also get your Thyroid profile and Lipid Profile done. Review with me with reports. Stay Healthy
sorry but i am not happy with your diagnosis its just like the doctors i have seen in the past they all blame food when clearly its not. how do you explain me gaining 4 pounds in the week i have been in hospital when i was nill my mouth for 2 days then after my op could not swallow food so could not eat a lot . and why would i pay money to get weighed each week and then eat the wrong food today i have eaten porridge made with half skimmed milk half water with handfull of blueberries ham salad brown roll and few grapes poached salmon with salad fat free dressing sugar free jelly with mandarins 3 cups of tea with skimmed milk and 8 glasses of water in the past year i have kept a food diary and when i look through it theres nothing i can change basicly all i eat is porridge fruit vegetables chicken fish wholemeal bread pasta and rice all i drink is tea and water and i dont drink alcohol
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 7 hours later
Brief Answer: I have tried to rule out causes. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend, I understand your problem. I have not said you have gained weight as a result of overeating. I MENTIONED other lot possibilities of weight gain considering your age and history. I said that faulty dietary habits and lack of exercise is the most common reason for weight gain , i didn't say , that it is your case for sure!. I am glad that you are so conscious about your diet , everyone is not Still , it might not be your fault. Get your thyroid profile done. In hypothyroidism , you can gain weight. So , get checked and be sure!