What is the cause of stomach pain after a hysterectomy?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago. I had a huge tumor, they had to scrape it off my lower bowels. I almost had to have a colostomy bag. The past week now my lower stomach hurts,almost like I cant pass gas, and iintercourse hurts very much. I have been taking antidepressants and oxycodone for the past year from a back injury. Now at night I itch all over and take benedryl which works great. Thank you for your time.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Itching due to allergy and bowel upset Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on HealthCareMagic. Your current problem is inability to pass gas, painful intercourse and itchiness on whole body. You need to consult your gastroenterologist for clinical examination of the bowel and the colostomy opening. Painful intercourse could be related to the bowel pain. Itchiness all over the body which is not being controlled by benedryl ( antihistamine preparation) suggests that the you are having an allergic reaction due to which histamine is being released in the body. If there is any known allergen in the environment, you need to avoid its exposure. If you have more queries, I will glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal