What is the cause of lingering fatigue with congestion?

9days ago I had sore throat and body aches. Lasted a few days then I got mostly clear congestion and fatigue. Throat and body aches are gone but still congested and feel constantly warm and skin on head is hot but hands are cold. I also feel slightly nausea and very tired and just ill. I had a negative flu and strep. Doctor says lungs sounded okay. What could be causing lingering fatigue and low grade fever feeling and congestion? I'm on day 9 of this stuff and feel worn out and bad.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Post-viral condition... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for posting. I think that your health condition is a post-viral condition. After a fever this situation is normal. However to find the right diagnose the following tests are necessary: - Blood test(leukocyte count). - Hepar(Liver) function test for: Serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase (SGOT), Aspartate aminotransferase (ASAT), Aspartate transaminase (AST), Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and Bilirubin count . - Urine test. The result of these tests will show the cause of fatigue and will determine the needed treatment. You should contact an Infectious disease specialist. If any doubt, please ask me. Dr. Behar.