What is the cause for muscle pain in legs while suffering from edema and frequent urination?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
what can I do, what is the cause of muscle pains in legs, thighs, edema is getting worse, and I can't walk very far until I am out of breath, the minute I sit down that heaviness in the chest leaves and I can breath better. I also have frequent urination and excess heat, can't stand hot water, when others are cold I am still so hot.
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: possibility of lumbar canal stenosis. Detailed Answer: Hello I Have studied your case, As per your symptoms there is possibility of lumbar canal stenosis. MRI spine will confirm diagnosis. An epidural steroid shot remains a good option Till time you can take analgesic and neurotropic medication. And remember; avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give temporary relief. Core stabilizing spine exercises will help. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Another possibility that your respiratory system /or cardiac system is weak so you may need to further investigate for reason of fatigue. After consulting your doctor he may decide for lung function test or 2 –D ECHO. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care