What is the cause for mild pain in abdomen, acid reflux, frequent urination and numbness in face and lips?

Hello I've been experiencing the following symptoms: Mild pain in lower left abdomen, mild pain in throat, acid reflux, gagging, dizziness and sometimes headaches, all after eating. Constantly feeling week and tired. Frequent urination. Numbness in the face, lip area. Weight loss(6lbs in a month) MRI of the brain came out fine and thyroid count is ok .I dont drink smoke or do recreational drugs.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello.Need some more information about your health Detailed Answer: Hi.Welcome and thanks for writing on XXXXXXX I have thoroughly read your query and deeply understand your concern. Have you got your blood sugars done? What is your Blood pressure?Is it normal? What was the reason for getting thyroid levels and MRI? Are your regular in your food habits? Do you have any previous history of medications/surgery? Are your bowels regular? Please feel free to answer these above questions so that it will help us to analyze your problem better. Keep us posted. Thanks.
Follow-up: What is the cause for mild pain in abdomen, acid reflux, frequent urination and numbness in face and lips? 55 minutes later
had blood panel done 3 months ago. at the time everything was normal. blood pressure I check daily and usually between 130-120 over 60-70. As far as specifically checking for sugars I'm not sure if its covered in the blood panel. the reason for the MRI was to out rule the possibility for tumors or anything that may be causing the headaches and numbness in the face . No surgeries no diseases always been generally healthy my doctor says its anxiety and gave me Klonoplin but i took them a few times but I'm convinced that the symptoms are causing me to get anxious. Not the other way around. Yes bowels are regular and my eating habits are refular. I'm 5'9" and 195 lbs with about 12% body fat give or take. I've been plugging in my symptoms everywhere and I'm worried about it being something to do with my pancreas. Thinking of going to a diagnosis center
Answered by Dr. Praveen 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Antacid medicine with blood sugars will help Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing us back. Mild pain in throat, acid reflux and gagging are suggestive of acidity (acid peptic disease).This can be relieved by taking proton pump inhibitor (Tab.Aciphex 20mg) for 2 weeks everyday morning half-an-hour before food.Avoid spicy/oily foods. You are having a body mass index which is still fairly okay(falls under overweight). I strongly feel that the blood sugars both fasting and postprandial have to be done.Since frequent urination, tiredness and weight loss are suggestive of early diabetes - due to decreased insulin secretion by pancreas(assuming that your thyroid levels are normal). Do you have a family history of diabetes? If your sugars are normal then you may kindly go ahead with your plan of visiting a diagnosis center. I hope this should help you. All the best get well soon. Donot panic you will be definitely okay.
Follow-up: What is the cause for mild pain in abdomen, acid reflux, frequent urination and numbness in face and lips? 4 hours later
Will ask my doctor to perform blood sugar tests . No don't have history of diabetes in the family. Thank you for giving me some peace of mind.
Answered by Dr. Praveen 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Welcome Detailed Answer: You are most welcome. Keep me posted about your health. Thanks