What is the cause for inflammation on back with a medical history of Still's disease and vasculitis?

I have had adult onset stills disease and vasculitis for over 25 years. I had a severe inflammatory back episode which caused a compression fracture in 2005. It is occurring again. I see my rheum. Later this week. She ordered X-rays and I also went to an orthopedist just to have another viewpoint as well. I do believe it is inflammatory and he did as well. He said that he believe that I had these fusions: L6 (extra vertebrae) to s1, l5 to l4, l3 to l4 and t12 to l1. This is the radiologist report. It said partial sacrilzation of l5-s1. Grade 1 anterolisthesis at l3-l4 with greater posterior narrowing. Vacuum density of t12-l1 severe disc space narrowing and end plate sclerosis. Retrolisthesis at t12-l1 with dorsal spondylitis and narrowing of anterior canal. Vacuum density at l4-l5 disc space. I have tried to look up dorsal spondylitis but really cannot find anything, my main question is - is the inflammation causes this from my existing disease or is it another type? My latest crp is 129. Age:49 Gender:female Medical history:Adult onset stills disease and vasculitis.
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it is quite possible that it is due to your existing disease . Since your CRP is 129 , it is suggestive that high amount of inflammation is going on in the body. A ESR will be more helpful . I would still like to tell you that you get yourself tested for HLA B-27 if any kind of spondyloarthropathy is going on will be clear . Your treating doctor will be able to tell you rightly because physical examination is very important in deciding the disease . All the autoimmune diseases have a tendency for overlap with each other so cannot say anything with surity but looks like a consequence of your existing disease . Take care Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: What is the cause for inflammation on back with a medical history of Still's disease and vasculitis? 2 days later
Is there any indication of fusion in these x-rays (attached as xray1,2,3)? I have had an autoimmune illness for over 25 years, massive back pain......
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Yes your radiologist has righly reported . The Xrays that you have sent me has an evidence of fusion as is described in the report . In my opinion you should be tested for HLA B27 . Dr. Shruti