What is the cause for fever?
User rating for this question
A few days ago I experienced fever all over my body... What could have caused this?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: infection/inflammation Detailed Answer: Hello, Fever is the generalized systemic manifestation of infection/inflammation anywhere in your body. That means to say it is the usual and normal response of human body to any disturbance from outside environment. The most common infections are bacterial, viral. An exacerbation of Asthma can cause fever as well. Let me know if you have specific queries that needs to be addressed. Regards,
Follow-up: What is the cause for fever? 5 minutes later
Can a viral infection cause it too?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes, a viral infection can cause fever, and it is the commonest cause of fever. Take care!
People also viewed
- Functional cyst with septation
- Will fucidin help sebaceous cysts
- What causes fever in toddlers
- What causes typhoid fever
- What causes a sudden fever
- I got blisters on my head because of the sun
- I had a yeast infectionwhat could this possibly be
- Purple ganglion cyst on knuckle
- What is the cause of brain fever
- Can tetanus toxoid cause delayed menstruation
- Left iliac fossa cyst
- Ganglian cysts and thyroid
- I was diagnosed with herpes simplex virus-2 please help
- I gotten some mosquito bites bug bites
- What causes hay fever