What is the cause for fever?

A few days ago I experienced fever all over my body... What could have caused this?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: infection/inflammation Detailed Answer: Hello, Fever is the generalized systemic manifestation of infection/inflammation anywhere in your body. That means to say it is the usual and normal response of human body to any disturbance from outside environment. The most common infections are bacterial, viral. An exacerbation of Asthma can cause fever as well. Let me know if you have specific queries that needs to be addressed. Regards,
Follow-up: What is the cause for fever? 5 minutes later
Can a viral infection cause it too?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes, a viral infection can cause fever, and it is the commonest cause of fever. Take care!