What is the cause for constant pain in lower back and severe pain in groin area?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi, I'm just trying to look up cause of constant pain in lower back going legs, both front & back, and very painful in the join where abdomen meets top of legs, it has been a couple days now and very painful specially when laying in bed trying to sleep. I do get sciatica nerve pain which usually shoots down from lower back down buttocks and back of legs but this is definally not the same pain as it is constant and down front and back but severe in the "groin" area and front uper part of legs. Right side of "groin" area and top of leg is the most painful areas
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes to lower back pain/right side of "groin"... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX The constant pain you feel in lower back going legs, both front&back is related to: - sciatica - arthritis of the hip joint - getting involved in heavy physical activities recently involving your legs - urogenital/gastrointestinal problems if you also have symptoms like burning and frequent urination, gas, constipation/diarrhea,etc. - lack of vitamins/minerals. Further examinations are needed including: - abdominal ultrasound - hip X-ray - urine analysis Meanwhile, I'd advise to: - take oral pain-killers - massage the pain area - apply local analgesic cream for the pain - consult with an orthopedist/physician Take care! Dr.Sonila