What is the cause for Anasarca with breathing problem?

What is the medical condition "Anasanka" or possibly "Anasarka"? Makes it difficult or impossible to breathe. Movement is difficult. Frequently no recovery is possible, but this individual has recovered some breathing ability and can work out a little.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anasarca with breathing problem is an emergency Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXX, Thanks for your query. Anasarca is a condition in which there is swelling over the entire body due to excessive fluid in the circulation. This causes gross overload on the heart, which in turn, fails to cope with it and thereby fails (called Congestive Heart Failure). The commonest causes are heart failure (due to either, uncontrolled BP, heart disease); kidney failure or liver failure. It is an emergency medical condition and therefore needs URGENT consultation with the Cardiologist, along with the respective specialist (Nephrologist or Gastroenterologist), depending on the cause. A combination of urine-forming drugs (called Diuretics), drugs which tone up the heart muscles and those which reduce the load on the heart, will give further relief. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion.. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal