What is the cause and treatment of strep throat?

Dec 2012

I cannot swallow, my throat hurts all the way down into my stomach. I have been having hiccups quite often and vomiting.
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You maybe suffering from throat infection Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query, It seems to me that you maybe suffering from strep throat probably associated to oesophago-gastritis (inflammation of the oesophagus and stomach). Strep throat is order wise known as pharyngitis. A good physical exams by a doctor can confirm or rule out my suspicions. It is a condition that is actually often easy to treat with antibiotics and maybe analgesia. If gastritis is associated then antacids maybe included for relief. Just go to a health facility where you can be examined by a health care provider and some treatment provided. You may receive an antibiotics such as amoxicillin-clavulinic acid or penicillin or other antibiotics specific to germs affecting throat. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Dr. Nsah