What is the cause and treatment for vaginal itching?
User rating for this question
Vaginal itching, no signs of anything to cause it. Scratch til I bleed..Then it turns to a scab and doesn't itch for awhile. Few weeks later starts all over again. It's like it itches on the inside of my skin.
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Some helpful suggestions. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for sharing your problem with us. In your case, number one possibility is hormone deficiency. Specially, if you are not taking any hormone replacement therapy. Other reasons could be infection, skin problems, precancerous or cancerous lesions etc. For a diagnosis you must visit a Gynecologist & get yourself examined. Also have a pap smear if you have not had recently. Your doctor can then give you a specific treatment, depending upon your probable diagnosis. Avoid using tight undergarments & synthetic materials next to skin. Use only cotton. If you have started using a new product recently e.g. hair removing cream, deodorant, soap or lotion, try to stop it & watch the results. Do not use any antiseptic products. Hope I have given you some helpful clues. Please write back if you have any question. Wish you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Vasograin and memory loss
- What can cause vaginal itching
- Slimy inner lip
- What is the cause and treatment for vaginal itching
- Post colposcopy care
- Nyquil and memory loss
- For which problem take losanorm
- What could be the cause of vaginal itching
- Swollen vagina and levothyroxine
- Mctd unconscious loss of
- Slit on side of inner labia
- Potassium loss from mastrubation
- What is the treatment for vaginal itching
- Non modifiable factors of uterine fibroids
- What stds cause vaginal itching