What is the cause and treatment for stomach pain and cramps with gas when under stress?

ive been under tremendous stress going thru a divorce number of years.Coming to a head.Very consuming. Was regular exercise guy, still run.For the last week been feeling very run down and having stomach pain and cramps with some gas. my diet is decent. I've never had stomach trouble really.Colonoscopy was clear but over ten tears ago. My weight is good, I do drink wine. I'm 65.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please see the details Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). It appears that either you are having infection of GI tract or acid peptic disease. So I will advise you to take a course of antibiotic like ofloxacin and ornidazole, antispasmodice like drotaverine and a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole. You will need a prescription for the said medicines, so please see your doctor and get examined and the prescription for these medicines. I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for stomach pain and cramps with gas when under stress? 11 hours later
Thank you. One variable I didn't think of is this. I have a hernia.For about four months now. Right down in my groin.I am a supervisor at my job which is labor intensive. I got stuck having to lift heavy pipe, something normally given to guys half my age. I know it's a hernia, I can push it back in, I hold it in when I cough disappears. I exercise through it, carefully pushing it back in while lying down after. I've resisted seeing a doc, because of money concerns with divorce. I can't afford time off. Don't know if this can affect what's happening. By the way, I also am slightly constipated, thinking of taking a laxative, which I've never done. Have a doc appt. on Tuesday
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 44 hours later
Brief Answer: Please see the detail Detailed Answer: Hello! Sorry for delay as I was out of station. For constipation : 1.Take high fiber diet (may be psyllium fibers) and lots of liquid in your diet 2.Take triphala powder one teaspoon with warm water or for better result mix it with honey and take it at time of sleep at night and one teaspoon in early morning empty stomach 3.Avoid foods that contain maida. 4. Take meals at least 2 hours before going to bed. 5. Take lots of fruits and vegetables daily 6. Add condiments like jeera, haldi and ajwain in your diet as these all help in digestion 7. take laxative like syrup cremaffin plus which is a combination of sodium picosulphate, milk of magnesia, and liquid paraffin For hernia since is is symptomatic I will advise you to get surgery for that