What is the cause and treatment for spontaneous vomiting ,numb feeling in head and clammy skin ?

My husband for the last six weeks has been having episodes of spontaneous vomiting numb feeling in his head and cool clammy skin I am very worried about him please help! He is 34 yo 220 lbs an 6 ft 1 in. He was a star wrestler in high school rapid wt loss then binging H e has since not been physically active and despite how thin he would get he always had a pot belly. Also he was born with his 2 nd and 3 rd toes conjoined. Dont know if thst relevant Pleas help
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

Thanks for query.

Vomiting for about 6 weeks with some discomfort like numbness in head needs medical attention.Please consult a General Physician to examine him and do the necessary.

He needs to have his blood pressure checked and some other investigations like,blood counts,sugar,urine examination,ultrasound of abdomen as primary tests.
The possible reasons for the vomiting are
1.Gastritis,that is inflammation of G.T.Tract due to infection,bad food habits
2.High blood pressure
3.Some infections like sinusitis,G.I. infections,infection of gall bladder etc

Your husband has a body mass index of 30, which is on the side of obese category. He is over weight about 10-12 kg as per his height.It is good to know he has lost weight, but it would be ideal if he continues to lose more to bring his BMI to less than 25.

Give him light food,more of liquids,avoid alcohol and tobacco in any form.Ask him to take proper rest.

After this episode of illness gets over,ask to him to go for regular exercise and remain physically active.He will get his body in shape and will lose weight also.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow ups.

Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for spontaneous vomiting ,numb feeling in head and clammy skin ? 16 hours later
I forgot to include that he has forever had heartburn which has become more severe and constant hiccups. His vomiting episodes come out of the blue and he will feel bad for at most 24 hrs then he will feel normal for a few days with the hiccups and heartburn but the vomiting comes back. I had left out that information at first and didnt know if this would change your thoughts on what may possibly be wrong fatigue is also becomming a problem. I am an RN and have checked his BP last night it was 185systolic 99 dyastolic.Thank you for your time I have been trying to get him to go to a md and he continues to put it off as norhing which is why I have taken this route.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

With this new input the possibility of having acid peptic disease becomes more likely.This again could be the reason for vomiting.Please visit your physician as you have rightly decided.

Blood pressure 185/99 is high.At times due to vomiting or discomfort blood pressure may rise occasionally,for this regular monitoring is required,which you can very well do.

In mean time if the vomiting is continuous you can give him anti emetic tablet and an antacid tablet.Give him pieces of ice cubs to suck after this tablets,this will help to stop vomiting.Do not give him solids,give only liquids after about 1 hour of tablets.

I hope this helps you.