What is the best blood pressure medication while suffering from diabetes?

What is the best blood pressure medicine to take if one has diabetes. My doc has added garlic to my medicine I take losartan potassium 100mg, effient 10mg. metoprolol succer 50zidemg,simvastatin 40mg , hydrochlorothiazide 25mg and Klor- Con/EF 25mEq. I exercise four to five times a week eat no meat. I am 6 feet 2in 225Ibs. My readings have been in the 150/95 in the AM hours. The lowest has been 128/ 77. I have coronary artery disease and have two stents. What Gives R.D. XXXXXXX Jr
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Adjust dosage / Add a fourth drug... Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic You are already receiving 3 drugs for the pressure – Losartan, Metoprolol and Thiazide The maximal dose of Losartan is 100 mg / The usual dose of Thiazide is 12.5 mg… / metoprolol up to 200 mg… Discuss with your doctor – he may reduce the thiazide / step up the metoprolol… Check your electrolytes – especially potassium – losartan tends to conserve, thiazide depletes… In such situations, usually a Calcium Channel Blocker, like Amlodipine, can be added Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
Follow-up: What is the best blood pressure medication while suffering from diabetes? 23 hours later
So how do I take a drug like Viagra if he gives this amiodipine.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can use - Detailed Answer: Hi Nitrates - is a contraindication for Viagra.. [Check with your care provider - that there is no nitrate in your drug list - some common names are Isordil, Ismo and so on ...] Otherwise, it is safe / you can go ahead and use Regards