Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the average penis length for a 14 year's old?

Psychiatrist
Question
What is the average penis length for a 14 year old boy
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I understand that you are concerned about your penis size. Firstly, I would like to remind you that the penis keeps increasing in length and thickness till a person reaches adulthood. Especially, in your age (i.e. the peripubertal age), there can be significant changes in the size of your sex organs, as your primary and secondary sexual characteristics are in the process of being fully formed.

The average length of the non-erect penis in a 14 year old boy is 2.4 inches (6 cm) to 5.5 inches (14 cm). The reason why such a wide range is given as normal is because there can be wide variations / changes in the penis size around the time of puberty.

I would also like to let you know that penis size or length is not a major factor determining sexual functioning and performance.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Follow-up: What is the average penis length for a 14 year's old? 54 minutes later
I see, but on an erect length, what would you say the would be considered normal, in the middle of the growth spurt

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 13 hours later
Hello again,

On an average, the length of an erect penis in a 14 year-old in the middle of growth spurt would be roughly around 4 -5 inches.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist

Follow-up: What is the average penis length for a 14 year's old? 1 hour later
Do you have a scale or chart you could provide so I can track my growth?

Hello again,

Very few such charts are available and none of them are universal or standard. They are based on studies / surveys done by individual researchers and hence there can be regional and cultural variations.

This chart is from the textbook Adolescent Health Care: A Practical Guide. These are approximate ranges for the length of the non-erect penis.

Age 10 to 11: 1.6 inches (4 cm) to 3.1 inches (8 cm)
Age 12: 2.0 inches (5 cm) to 4.0 inches (10 cm)
Age 13: 2.0 inches (5 cm) to 4.7 inches (12 cm)
Age 14: 2.4 inches (6 cm) to 5.5 inches (14 cm)
Age 15: 3.1 inches (8 cm) to 5.9 inches (15 cm)
Age 16: 3.9 inches (10 cm) to 5.9 inches (15 cm)
Age 17: 3.9 inches (10 cm) to 6.3 inches (16 cm)
Age 18: 4.3 inches (11 cm) to 6.7 inches (17 cm)

The following chart gives an idea of the average length of the erect penis, based on a large Brazilian study in 2007.

Age 10: 2.9 inches (7.4 cm)
Age 11: 3.1 inches (7.8 cm)
Age 12: 3.4 inches (8.6 cm)
Age 13: 4.0 inches (10.1 cm)
Age 14: 4.5 inches (11.5 cm)
Age 15: 5.1 inches (12.9 cm)
Age 16: 5.2 inches (13.3 cm)
Age 17: 5.6 inches (14.3 cm)
Age 18: 5.7 inches (14.5 cm)

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist