What is liver cirrhosis ?

I am a female age 39 and have been drinking nightly for the past 5 years. (usually a quarter bottle of captains). Drink till feels affects. I have always had all normals labs in my complete metabolic panel- normal ALT, AST, ALP, Albumin, Bili, cholesteral, platelet count, MCV, etc etc etc. I have had "pressure" and a strange feeling in my upper right and left abdomen for the past 5 months and also in my back. Its now affecting my breathing. When I stretch or take a XXXXXXX breath it almost feels like I'm cracking a rib- but it feels good. DO I have cirrhosis
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later

As you are a regular drinker long term effect is definitely going to show up some day.
Right now the pressure you are feeling in your upper abdomen is not likely to be due to cirrhosis as all your liver functions are normal.

To know the exact cause it is best to have an abdominal scan done as there might be some hidden disease like an abscess.

Taking XXXXXXX breath affects it suggests that it might just be an infection of the pleura or lungs.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.