What is best way to deal with constipation from either Tramadol or Lortab?

Thank you, What is best way to deal with constipation from either Tramadol or Lortab?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ispaghula / Lactulose Detailed Answer: Dear Mam Welcome to XXXXXXX Tramadol and Lortab , both causes constipation , and it is better to treat it , to avoid piles and rectal prolapse. Following Things can be done to help from constipation due to these medications : 1. Ispaghula powder ( Like Softovac SF which contains Ispaghula and other stool softeners) 2. High Fiber Food. 3. Plenty of water. 4. Lactulose Suspension. You can discuss with your doctor regarding adding Ispaghula or lactulose. In my opinion , Isphaghula would be a safe and good option , if you get relieved by it. I hope i am able to solve your query , still if you have any query , please ask me.