What is best nutrition powder to have with milk for the female with age more than 40?

Can I know what is best nutrition powder(like protein-x) to have with milk for the female with age 43+. And sir she has L4-L5 slip disk. Some time she feel much pain and unable to stand even.

Sir any instrument is available to do self massage for this kind patients.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query.

Low back pain is very common in female after age 40 due to peri-menopausal symptoms. There are other reasons like deficiency of calcium, Vitamin D3, minerals and vitamins. I suggest to use supplements by consulting your treating doctor. Not all of them are good and are cost effective. Nutrition powder can help but it is more effective to take the supplement which is deficient in patient.

Medication for low back pain or slip disc can reduce pain but cannot cure it. Some instructions can help you in reducing your symptoms lifelong. These are:
1. Use hard bed to sleep and avoid pillow.
2. Your sitting posture should be straight and have to be changed every half hourly.
3. Avoid jerky movements of back.
4. You can take analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs orally or can apply gel locally to reduce pain. Hot fermentation can help.
5. Wear Lumbosacral belt while standing, walking, and driving and if symptoms are worse.
6. Do regular physiotherapy and exercise as advised by your physiotherapist.
7. Don't lift or even try to lift heavy weights.
Feel free to consult your doctor whenever feasible. I can be able to assure that you can have a pain free better spine, if you follow all instructions and take care of your spine.
Now about massage instruments; Infrared massager, heated mattress pad and massage roller can help in reducing the symptoms.

Hope you got answer to all your queries. You rating and comments will be appreciated. I will be happy to answer your other queries.

Best wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh