What is Anasarca?

What is Anasanka, or something spelled quite like that? This condition makes it difficult to breathe and can be impossible to recover. He has recovered some. Could it be "anasarka"? It is not apparently a medicine, but a condition in itself.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: generalized body swelling Detailed Answer: Hello, I think you are talking about Anasarca. Anasarca is a condition of generalized whole body swelling due to fluid accumulation. Anasarca mostly occurs in case of multi-organ failure in the body like failing kidney and heart conditions. Let me know about other specific queries that you may have. Regards,