What happens when the penis snaps out of place while having intercourse?

Urologist
Question
penis what happen when a man penis snap out of place doing intercourse
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later
Dear,

From your description what you are describing the patient most probably may have suffered a penile fracture. Patient classically describes that while having intercourse because of unusual position the penis slipped out or hit an awkward angle. There is momentary severe pain and the erection subsides. At the site of fracture the patient has pain, a defect can be felt and also hematoma can be seen.

It is a medical emergency. You need to get the rupture site repaired within 6 hrs. If not repaired within 6 hours it can lead to long term impotence.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: What happens when the penis snaps out of place while having intercourse? 1 hour later
ok say if the man penis isn't all the way hard we doing intercourse and it slap out and as he try to put back in rushing it in and it the wrong place and snap
ok I question bout me I've been on birth control for 3years I've been of it since October 7 I've been having a period since that I had a period at the beginning of October, the end of that month to the 3day of November , the end of November to the 3day of December that the lasts period I had i took a pregnancy test it say I'm not pregnant so I don't know why I haven't seen any bleeding

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 7 hours later
Hello.

If there is a snap, when not fully erect then the likelihood of fracture is minimal. However, he still needs to be examined by urologist to make sure everything is fine.

It is quite common for people to miss the periods or have delayed periods. You need not worry and if you don't mensturate within the next week, then you should repeat the urine pregnancy test. If it is still negative then consult a gynecologist.

I hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Regards.

Follow-up: What happens when the penis snaps out of place while having intercourse? 6 hours later
He didn't go to get the problem check he say it feels fine what r the side affects for this problem from his penis snapping out of place

Thanks for reverting.
The only major complication of a penile fracture is impotence which is seen in some patients. Other than that, there are no other major complications.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.