Ask a Urologist   »  

Can intercourse at the wrong angle cause a penile fracture?

Question
I read about penile fracture and the information seems scary. I'm just asking a hypothetical question because what I read worried me and I'm in a new dating relationship. I don't have a lot of sexual experience. One thing I read was that penetration at the wrong angle could cause a fracture. Does this just mean that if the penis slips out and then hits the pelvic bone, it could fracture? Or even if it stays in the vagina, if you don't thrust straight/at the the right angle, could a fracture happen? Is there any way to be sexually active and ensure a penile fracture doesn't happen? During masturbation I typically thrust but I'm concerned about doing this during sex.
Just to be clear: I don't have an injury. I was just worried about what I read and wanted information.
Posted Thu, 9 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Make sure vagina is wet.

Detailed Answer:
Good day and thank you for being with healthcare magic!

Penile fracture happens when there is trial of penetration in a not so wet vagina. If the male would try to put in his penis without adequate lubrication and foreplay then a fracture may happen.

Penis slipping out wouldn't cause fracture or thrusting with a slight deviation in the angle wouldn't cause fracture.

be sure the vagina Is wet before you try for penetration and you'll be fine.