What food should I avoid while taking thyroid medication?

hi, i am taking thyroid medication for past 6 months. My t3 & t4 levels are normal while tsh is 9. Are there any specific foods that i should avoid? i read in online that i should not eat peanuts, palak. is that true?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer: avoid goitrogenic food Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Although you need medication for an underactive thyroid, there are certain foods that also slow down the thyroid gland thereby, causing a underactive thyroid. Some of these foods are cabbage,spinach,broccoli, cauliflower, radish,turnips,mustard,pine nuts,peanuts etc. You may may try to avoid such food items. Juices of the raw vegetables are considered more harmful. So if you do eat it, make sure they are well cooked.