What does yellow color in the blood indicate?

Hi Doctor, I am writing in behalf of my mother. She went to a lab to check her cholesterol and it was normal, but at that time the lab technician found out that the blood had some slight yellow colour. she does not have any symptoms of jaundice. I just want to know what could be the reason for the yellowish color in blood. Do she has to take any other test?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is subjective in nature Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX The colour interpretation of your mother's blood in purely subjective. What may be yellow for the lab technician can be red for me. It is a subjective interpretation. You should not worry about this unless there are gross changes in the blood test report. If all her tests are normal including the liver functions, you can be rest assured that she is healthy. Clinical co-relation is important as well. Since she does not have any symptoms of jaundice, there is nothing to be worried about. Please upload the test reports for me to have a look and suggest you any further tests, if required. You have a feature to upload the reports by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to utilize it. Hope this helps you. Regards,