What does these ultra sound report for a hard lump under skin indicate?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My 2 year 11 month old daughter went for checkup for a stomach flu/umbilical hernia. While pedetritian was checking, he noticed a hard lump (feels like a tiny hard ball just under the can faintly see blue/green bruise like colour). I felt this approx 3 weeks ago but it felt smaller and less 'hard'. Dr sent for ultrasound to make sure no strangulation. We have the report, but I have NO IDEA what any of it means!! Please break down in simple terms for me Ultrasound report: " Palpable abnormality corresponds to a nonspecific 8x10x5 millimeter hypoechoic to anechoic subcutaneous nodule. It's well defined. No definite hilum is identified to confirm a lymph node. It is adjacent to a possible umbilical hernia, although that is not clearly visualized on this exam.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
Brief Answer: no specific ultrasound diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hi It means , Then swelling is superficial, It's just under the skin It is not a lymph node. It is close to the hernia It is a firm swelling under the skin. They are not commenting. What exactly it is. It has to be clinically correlated. Good luck Dr Uma