What does small lump between vaginal orifice and the urethra indicate?

Apr 2014

hello sir.. i had a small tear on my labia minora for which i was examining my genitals on a mirror.. i discovered on spreading my labia that there is a small lump between my vaginal orifice and the urethra which was not present before.. its palpable but very small and cannot be reduced.. i tried pushing it back but it did not go in.. however i do not face any incontinencies.. and do not suffer from irritation while micturition.. i was worried if the lump is some prolapse or a urethral diverticulum.. i am 25 years of age.. and been sexually active recently.. there is no associated pain and the lump is not tender.. as i pushed through it i could feel my pubic symphysis also.. what further investigations should i do ? thank you so much
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Most probably you have Skene's duct cyst. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us You need proper clinical examination.According to mentioned site,most probably you have Skene's duct cyst.These cysts occur on either side of the urethra. It can be treated self by warm compression and if it is large in size then it can be opened and drained by surgeon. However other conditions like blocked hair follicle,folliculitis,clogged sweat glands need to be ruled out. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX