What does peripheral follicles with echogenic stroma mean?

i ngot my home pregnancy test done it is negative but in sonogarphy its written is both ovaries appear normal in size and show tiny peripheral follicles with echogenic stroma what it mean and my peroid date was 10th XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Since your period date was 10th XXXXXXX you are 6 days overdue. If your pregnancy test is negative it means you are most likely not pregnant but still it is advisable that if you do not get your periods by next 4-5 days then you can do a repeat pregnancy test with the first sample of urine in the morning.

On ultrasound tiny peripheral follicles are a normal finding of ovaries. Nothing can be commented on ovulation or conception status by this report . Small follicles are present in an echogenic stroma both prior as well as after the ovulation. This is indicative of normal ovaries.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.