What does pain and itching of vein with swollen bumps indicate?
User rating for this question
I have pain and itching of the vein in my right wrist. It's the vein they use to take your pulse. It also has two little swollen bumps about an inch apart, but no discoloration. Started last night. Runs from the base of my thumb about 6 inches my arm.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take Tab. Paracetamol and keep limb elevated Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thank for posting your query to the forum. I can understand your concern for the pain and itching of the vein in your right wrist. As the problem is present from few hours only so it is too early to give a diagnosis in the same. In general such kind of symptom are present in painful bruising or in insect bite but as there is no color change so these two things are out. In my view it appears to be either initiation of shingles(herpes zoster) or simple perception due to compression of the vein. You weight and watch for the important point of color change or appearance of any blister at the area for nest 72 hours. For the interim of help you can follow the suggestions below: - keep your forearm elevated above heart level as much as possible. - Do not perform any work with right hand. Give rest to the right hand. - You can take tablet paracetamol (crocin) two times a day for pain part. - Take tablet loratadine (Claritin) one to two times for itching. Do not try to touch, pinch or feedle with the bumps as can get aggravated or an become more painful. I again suggest you to keep a close watch on the area and if you find any change or increase in pain along with local changes then can report to me or a family physician. "With good health wishes" Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD- Dermatology
People also viewed
- What does random purple bruising on arm mean
- Extremely itchy feet sleeplessness rashes taken benadryl help
- Why do black heads smell
- Bumps on bicep vein pain
- Have premature ejaculation how to recover from this
- Painful swollen vein in thumb
- Bacterial vaginitis painful irritation groin and thigh itching suggest
- Had food poisoning bloated stomach diarrhea shivers cramps recommendations
- Early periodsdecapeptid weight gain levothyroxine tsh low suggestions
- Vaginal pigmentation loss
- Unani cream for vitiligo.
- Swollen tonsils with bumps red veins
- What causes pus bumps on the back of your head
- Pain and swollen vein on wrist
- Swollen vein in neck pain