What does my FBS and PPBS mean? Am I diabetic? What does my Sr Uric Acid mean?

My FBS is 91 mg/dl and PPBS is 120 mg/dl what does it mean? Am I a diabetic? My Sr Uric Acid is 5.4mg/dl what does it mean?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

Important aspects of your query are:
•     44 year old male
•     FBSL 91, PPBSL 120 and Sr uric acid 5.4 mg/dl
•     Worry related to BSL

Normal range:
•     Fasting Blood Sugar Level (FBSL): The “fasting blood glucose” test must have the individual fasting for at least 8 hours. Normal levels for this test are 70 to 100 mg/dL.
•     Post Prandial Blood Sugar Level (PPBSL): Level higher than 140 mg/dL can indicate prediabetes. A level above 200mg/dL indicates Type-1 or Type-2 diabetes and suggests further tests.
•     Serum Uric Acid: The reference range of uric acid is 3.6-8.3 mg/dL

So no need to worry. Your all tests are within normal limit.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.