What does itchy rash on chest,stomach,neck and legs indicate?

hi I have a itchy rash on my chest stomach neck ,legs for over 13 weeks went to specialist was given betamethasone to use did so for 6 weeks was told by the specialist I have dry skin and to use sorbolene which I am still the itch is driving me insane it like a knife stabbing through me what can I do
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hello You might have developed tinea corporis, a fungal infection or an allergic contact dermatitis. Till now you have been prescribed only steroid cream. Sorbolene is moisturizer. You might require treatment with anti fungal cream. I would like to see the rash. Can you please upload a photograph of the affected area. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better way of management. There is an option to upload photo on right side of query page. Please utilize it. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: What does itchy rash on chest,stomach,neck and legs indicate? 4 hours later
not sure how to load photo the rash is like having lots of itchy bites over me little lumps and itch is so bad it is impossible to not scratch and doing so the skin is broken in lots of places over night my top has lots blood on it's very irritating.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Take antihistamine tablet Detailed Answer: Hello Please take an antihistamine tablet. This will reduce itch. It is important to see the lesions, in order to reach a diagnosis. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. You can also send the reports/ image to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as 'ATTN: Dr. Rahul Kumar'."