What does anterirorly low lying placenta mean?

Hi doctor... I have anterirorly low lying placenta which is 2.8 from the internal os. My last menstural period was on Aug 29th.. I am on my 19th week now.. What does it mean? Is there any complication regarding that. I am not able to feel any movements also..
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: placenta praviae Detailed Answer: Hello madam, the term we use to describe placenta that is low lying is called placenta praevia. It means that your placenta is close to the uterine opening. This is a high risk in pregnancy. There is a chance of heavy bleeding before, during,after pregnancy. You need to be careful during the rest of the pregnancy. There is still a chance that your placenta may 'migrate' upwards. For now, take as much rest as possible. No bending,heavy lifting, intercourse. Continue your medications. Increase your hemoglobin levels. Repeat the ultrasound after two mths. You will feel movements sfter you cross 20weeks.
Follow-up: What does anterirorly low lying placenta mean? 39 hours later
Hi doctor, What all things should i need to avoid in this situation.? I am coming to office daily by car with my husband. I am an IT professional. I dont have much heavy work. I am sitting always in the office. Should i need to avoid that also? Does bed rest needed? Kindly suggest.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: rest at intervals Detailed Answer: You can travel to office. But dont stand for too long. Avoid bendong or sqatting. Avoid intercourse. Repeat the scan in two months. Any sign of bleeding see a doctorr asap.