What does a swollen and painful hard mass above left clavicle area indicate?

hard mass above left clavicle; area swollen, Ache in left shoulder and sometimes between shoulder blades or at top of shoulder blades. Was sent for ultrasound-fatty tissue but nothing harmful. Notice my breathing is much shallower in last 6 weeks. Doctor did ECG- ok. He has sent off for my bloods to be tested and is sending me for stress test. I am not a smoker, a bit over weight, seldom drink.
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Thank you for sending the question. I can appreciate that this is very anxiety provoking. I suspect that your doctors have initiated a diagnostic workup to help delineate what exactly is going on with the clavicle in the mass that you have described. Blood tests are a good way to start. If there is a significant degree of soft tissue swelling a biopsy might be indicated. As long as the area is stable and does not significantly increase in size or cause you significant discomfort then it would be reasonable to watch conservatively. If however, you how her experiencing pain related to this area you might ask a surgeon to consider resecting this fatty tumor. Thank you again for sending the question. Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance. Dr. G