What does a lump in the clitoral hood indicate?

May 2013
I have a small flesh coloured bump (very tiny not like a millimeter) on the side Of my clitoral hood. It is hard and I have had it for about 2 weeks (since I noticed it) it hasn't spread but appears to have grown a very very tiny but since I first noticed it. It isn't itchy or painful, but is a bit tender on one side because I am silly and tried to pull it off thinking it might be a skin tag. Please help. I have been with the same person for 2 years with no sexual contact with anyone and I just noticed it all of a sudden. My Pap smears have always come back fine.
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There may not be any serious problem Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. It is difficult to comment on the exact nature of the lesion without examining. The possible causes are: -Clitorial folds mistaken for bump -Blocked paraurethral glands -Sebaceous cyst etc. If you are not having symptoms like pain, redness, discharge etc, no need to worry. Periodic observation is sufficient. If you are having any of the symptoms, once consultant gynecologist and get examined. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.