What does a lump and bruising on the edge of c section scar indicate?
User rating for this question
I am experiencing pain, a lump and bruising on the edge of my c section scar. My c section was 3 years ago. This lump and discomfort has been going on since last July, so about 8 months. I had a doctor look at it then and he thought it was an infected hair follicle, but it has gotten worse...
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. This might be 3 things: 1. Hernia in the scar area. The lump should get bigger when standing and coughing. Should get smaller when lying down. Same situation with the pain. 2. Endometriosis. There might be some discharge (bloody). Symptoms should get worse during menses. 3. Stitches. Some discharge should appear from time to time. It should be pus like discharge. I suggest you to consult a surgeon. In case of doubts, ultrasound should be done. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Hard lump above c section scar
- Hard lump near c section scar
- Carry weight in stomach
- Puva therapy for psoriasis
- Mag 3 renal scan
- Nexium not preventing catarrh
- Valproate iv for migraine
- Cashew nut in empty stomach
- Flexor carpi ulnaris hernia
- Is zipsor a narcotic
- Nuvaring side effects risk
- Lump above c-section scar
- Hernia rib cartilage ultrasound
- Lump after a c section
- Lump on scar tissue c section