What does a hard and enlarged growth in the groin area indicate?

General Surgeon
I have discovered a small, hard, enlarged growth (outside the scrotum) in the groin area. I & my family are prone to sebaceous (sp.?) cysts. I have had several surgically removed (face; back)...over the years. could this be another OR something more dangerous??? Should I consult an Oncologist, Surgeon, Dermatologist, my regular MD or whom???
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Benign skin lesion. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Can you please send a picture of it so I can give more precise answer? Such lump is usually a benign skin lesion like sebaceus cyst indeed. Hair follicle inflammation is also possible. If you you are sure that this is outside the scrotum (in the skin), please consult a surgeon. However if this lump is inside the scrotum, ultrasound and urologist consult is necessary. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.