What does 'Localized spill of contrast observed into the pelvic cavity on left side' mean?

Question
Hsg: 1)uterine cavity normal in shape n confgration. No intraluminal filling defect. 2) Both fallopian tubes are normal in course, calibre n outline. 3) Localized spill of contrast observed into the pelvic cavity on left side. 4) Free spill of contrast observed into the pelvic cavity on right side. Please tell me what is the meaning if point no.3 of hsg.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be sign of peri-tubal adhesions Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX 1)uterine cavity normal in shape n confgration. No intraluminal filling defect.--Normal finding 2) Both fallopian tubes are normal in course, calibre n outline.:- Normal finding 3) Localized spill of contrast observed into the pelvic cavity on left side::It means there could be PERI TUBAL ADHESIONS (small flimsy adhesions between the tube) which produces similar picture. To confirm this you can go ahead with diagnostic laparoscopy and chromotubation(checking tubal patency by injecting blue dye). 4) Free spill of contrast observed into the pelvic cavity on right side.:-Normal finding Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!