What does Left ovarian follicle mean?

What does Left ovarian follicle mean?
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Both of our ovaries- left and right release an egg or ovum every month. This ovum develops inside a follicle in the ovary which ruptures around 14th day of the cycle to release an ovum. The released ovum is then fertilised with a sperm which results in pregnancy.
The formation of the follicle in the left ovary is referred to as left ovarian follicle. This is a normal physiological process and in every cycle, these follicles are formed and then regress with the hormonal changes in the body.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.