Ask a Urologist   »  

What doctor should I consult for half moon line on head of my penis?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello, I have a half moon line on the head of my penis. Now another line is starting to form. On the rim of it it looks a little purple in color. No blistering. Ive been to a primary care doctor, urologist, STD clinic NP they all say its not a STD. I had a urine tests and blood work. Herpes 1 & 2 was confirmed, but cleared of all other Stds Syphillis, Gonnerhia, Clymidia, HepC, and HIV all negative. Please help going crazy What could it be? No bumps on it. What doctor should I see. Please Help. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Pictures required Detailed Answer: Hi From the description provided, it looks like you have annular lichen planus over the glans region. Still I would like to have a look at the lesion first. Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesion and upload them here on this page. You can also mail then at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What doctor should I consult for half moon line on head of my penis? 52 minutes later
I emailed you 3 photos of my penis to YYYY@YYYY to Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Please review and get back to me. Thank you Just to mention I have no itching with this. Thank you

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Annular lp Detailed Answer: Hi again I have seen the attached pictures. The lesions look like annular lichen planus only. Now see ,there are two things that can be done. One is that you can take a trial with a topical steroid cream which is the treatment of choice for this skin condition. For this, you need to apply a topical steroid cream like cortisone over the affected area twice a day for atleast two weeks and see the affect. Second, you can either see a dermatologist who can probably plan a skin biopsy for confirmation of the diagnosis. But I do recommend the first thing since the clinical appearance is that of lichen planus. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What doctor should I consult for half moon line on head of my penis? 4 minutes later
Is this condition curable , how do you get it . Its not a deadly condition is it? Will it come back? Is it transferable to hands, vagaina, etc.

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: lichen planus Detailed Answer: Hi again See first of all, it is not contagious. This means that neither you, nor anybody else can get it by touching it. It is basically an autoimmune disease which means that it can happen to anyone. It is not infectious. It is not a serious skin condition. Basically it can sometimes causes itching or irritation in people or sometime it is only a cosmetic problem. It does have a tendency of recurrence which means that once you start treatment, the lesions might vanish completely and then maybe once or twice a year, they can come up again. But topical steroids usually help in clearing them. It is surely not a std. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What doctor should I consult for half moon line on head of my penis? 29 minutes later
Dr. I took notice this morning I'm developing like a white film looking thing on my shaft as well. I'm sending u a photo.Please look at it and is this common with the condition. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: lichen planus Detailed Answer: Hi See the white line that you are developing is again a part of the same disease which is lichen planus. You can start the treatment as advised . I am sure it will help. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What doctor should I consult for half moon line on head of my penis? 48 minutes later
Can I buy the creame over the counter or do I need a prescription? Thank you. What's the name of it?

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Medicine Detailed Answer: Cortizone 10 - available as an over the counter cream.

Follow-up: What doctor should I consult for half moon line on head of my penis? 1 hour later
How often and long should I apply it for? They said that this cream is for eczema. That spots are Not dry or flaky like eczema. Will this still work?

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Medicine Detailed Answer: Hey yes You should use it in combination with an antifungal cream since you have an eczematous fungal infection. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What doctor should I consult for half moon line on head of my penis? 18 hours later
What is a antifungal cream. Name of one. Use this in connection with Cortisone 10.

Brief Answer: Answer Detailed Answer: Hey so sorry. It was not meant for you. You just need to use cortizone- 10. The last answer was not meant for you. Just sent by mistake. Just apply this topical steroid cream twice a day over the lichen planus lesions. You can follow up with the results in about two weeks. Dr Geetika Paul