What do you suggest for pins and needles sensation?

General Surgeon
I am a 29 yr old female, approx 5'6 and 150 lbs, hx of hypothyroidism, and breast lump in R breast. For the last week have had pin and needle sensation on the right side of my upper body, in addition a feeling of under my skin is burning/itching. Right side does not grap as well and there is a sense of heaviness. No bug bites, no changes in diet, exercise or sleep patterns. Any suggestions?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later

As you are a known case of hypothyroidism,hoping you must be taking proper regular treatment for this.

Hypothyroidism and breast lumps are not related to each other,both are independent/separate entity.

Lump in right breast that produces symptoms like
Pin & needles sensation on the right side of upper body
Feeling of burning/itching under the skin
Heaviness in the right side
Does not gap well
no bug bite ,no change of diet,exercise or sleep pattern.

As a rule all lumps in female breast need complete evaluation by breast ultrasound or mammography and last but not the least FNAC ( if inconclusive) or excision biopsy,

Breast lump can be both benign & malignant.Your age goes more in favor of benign,but still complete investigation is ideal .

As you have some local symptoms like itching and burning sensation along with lump, evaluation becomes more necessary.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”