What do white specks in urine indicate?

I have noticed for the past day a few string-like white things in my urine. What could it be?
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: protein deposits Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX It could be protein deposits in the urine. It would be ideal to get a urine routine and microscopy test done to come to know specifically about what this is. In my view it is mostly protein or albumin deposits. It can be fat globules as well. Please get the test done. Regards,
Follow-up: What do white specks in urine indicate? 8 hours later
What would cause albumin in my urine diabetes?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Diabetes is the common cause Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes, Diabetes is the common cause for albumin in urine. It could also be due to urinary infection, other systemic causes like chronic infections and kidney diseases. Regards,