What do my creatinin levels indicate?

Apr 2014

My creatinin (sp?) level in my last two blood tests came in at 1.32 and 1.4 respectively. Normal range tops out at 1.0, I think. What does this test and level indicate?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It indicates compromised renal function. Detailed Answer: Hello Whardt Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Your serum creatinine level is increased and it indicates compromised renal function.It is most probably due to high blood pressure. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. You need investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,serum urea level,Creatinine clearance,estimated GFR,BUN,Serum sodium,potassium,calcium,phosphorus,chloride,bicarbonate level,Ultrasound of KUB region and further investigations can be done if needed. You should consult nephrologist. You may be advised to take restricted protein diet and limited fluid intake. Get well soon. Hope I have answered your question. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX