What do herpes test result indicate?

Question
I recently had a test for Herpes and I am concerned with the results.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Presence of HSV IG g positive indicates that you may have had previous herpes infection or chronic infection. The presence of IgG-class antibodies to either HSV type 1 or 2 does not differentiate between remote infection or acute disease. Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Depending on clinical findings, your doctor may order PCR test, Hes viral culture. You need to follow up. Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!

Follow-up: What do herpes test result indicate? 7 minutes later
So does this mean that I have herpes? and if so, is it Herpes 1 or ! or Both? My next question is Do I have Herpes 1 or 1 or both?

Answered by Dr. Guru 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up! The test you have undergone cannot clearly differentiate whether you have Herpes 1 or 2. Detection of IgG-class antibodies to Herpes should not be used routinely as the primary means of fully diagnosing Herpes infection. You need further testing like PCR, Herpes virus culture. You need to discuss this with your treating doctor as well, so that based on clinical findings appropriate management plan will be decided. Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!